Wednesday, August 30, 2017

First one, then the other

In a lot of ways, Eagle is very much the younger sibling.  It seems that it wants to have done to it whatever I've finished doing with the Gremlin.  Ignition, front bearings, ball joints, and today it looks like it wants leaf springs.  Checking out the rear leads to investigate a popping sound revealed that the leafs are shot. I mean, flat as a board.  Zero arch, and I'm not posting a picture because I don't want to legitimize the condition.

Back to Gremlin.

Not a lot got done today.  Most of what was done centered around checking gasket inventory and fitment, though the timing chain cover was removed once I figured out a way to relocate the AC compressor without venting the system.  This allowed me to pressure wash the timing cover, replacement oil pan, and valve cover in preparation of painting them all with a nice new coat of AMC blue.  I'll get as much paint down tonight as I'm able, then tomorrow it's off to the yard to take advantage of a 50% off all parts deal.

Looking for a power steering pump bracket, maybe a backup radiator.  If I'm feeling fancy, I might check for hand-me-down leafs.  Eagle has to be in Eastern Washington near the end of September for a thing I'll mention later, and these leafs won't cut it. I'm hoping like hell that the Gremlin will make it as well, though that remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment