Tuesday, August 1, 2017

All my world's been colored green, on everything that I have seen - it's coolant

No updates the last couple days, partly on account of transmission research, partly due to garage clean ups, but mostly due to Eagle having a failed water pump (specifically, a worn out pulley bearing).  I misinterpreted the symptom of coolant escaping the weep hole as coming from a bad hose seal, though eventually it got figured out.

Inspection of the engine bay and the pump itself led me to conclude that three different contributors caused the failure:

1) The fan clutch had worn out.
2) Alternator and power steering belts were over tightened.
3) The water pump was over 30 goddamned years old.

Thank you for your service, old water pump.  Eagle and I salute you and your efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment