Sunday, September 3, 2017

Hey Jack, what's happenin'?

Oh, I dunno. . .

Well, rumor round town is that maybe I've been dragging a little bit.  That's not to say that nothing's been done- I've actually been fairly busy.  Whether the use of my time has been effective or not is another story.

Right now I'm waiting on engine seals to let me get the motor all buttoned up. Deck is cleaned up, cylinders and piston crowns are looking good, and I've even cleared out all but the worst of the crap where the push rods live. Check it out (and note my sophisticated compressor retainer):


It'll be recapitated once I finish getting the head rebuilt.  Those efforts are delayed due to a stuck valve, though it should be good to go after the overnight PB soak it's undergoing.


Tomorrow should see this getting wrapped up.  We should also see this


Being replaced with this


On the subject of shiny things, I've finally painted my valve cover and oil pan.  AMC blue, for real.  The color in the picture doesn't really match the actual color, but whatever.


The day's fast approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment