Sunday, August 27, 2017

Got my bearings now, so I'm pressed for success with a seal of approval.

After spending two days fighting a fastener, I finally got to the point where I could begin pressing Eagle's bearings into the hubs.  It was pretty great until I discovered I was two seals short of being able to finish. At 9:30PM on a Sunday.


Luckily, there's an AutoZone in Tacoma that's 24 hours. Seriously.  Even more luckily, they had the seals I needed.  Beyond even more luckily, the friend who's been kind enough to help with this mess while my car has been stuck in his driveway also let me use his car to run down there from Seattle to get the last two seals that were in stock.

Once I arrived, life gave me a nice illustration of exactly how important this work is (aside from the fact that the hub started separating when I was pulling into the driveway to begin this stuff on Friday).


 A Grand Cherokee, even. Note the rotor scrapes in the parking lot surface.  Those went all the way out to the street.  Alright.  Back to Seattle to get this stuff wrapped up so I can get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment