Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Slow and steady wins the race. . .

Since I don't have a parking spot at my garage, and I prefer not to block the people I'm renting from into their driveway the day after I'm late paying my rent, getting the transmission to Eagle so that it could be hauled to the shop was a little more tedious than I'd expected.


Half a block down.


The rest to go.

Since the 904 is a fairly low-weight transmission (the housing is aluminum), the load wasn't cumbersome.  The challenging part was making sure that I didn't move too quickly and cause the thing to be shaken off the hand truck as it rattled down the broken up, pebble-crete sidewalk.

About a block further and the slusher was loaded into the rock wagon.  Took it straight to the transmission shop, who said it should be sorted out by the middle of next week or so.  Now what the hell do I work on?

To do:

  • Front suspension
  • Remove head, manifolds, install new (from 2003 4.0L)
  • Install engine bay wiring
  • Cut out rotted metal from cowl, patch, paint (in preparation of new windshield installation)
  • New exhaust
  • Tons of other shit that I'll remember later. Like body and interior work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment