Monday, July 23, 2018

Like pork fat on a camera lens

When I try to look back at any point over the past 3 days -- even as recent as 5 minutes ago -- the image isn't "blurry", or "hazy", but smeared.  There are a couple exceptions, like the hyper-detailed and slow-motion recollection of when my shitty vise decided it was tired of holding the red candy iron I was hammering and tossed it directly at my face.   Though I managed to dodge the hot steel, the experience left a mark.  My relationship with the vise is now troubled, at best.

If the past three days were headcheese (and there's no saying they weren't) then the distinct memories are the tiny, delicious pork bits suspended in the greyish gelatin mass.  So I guess I'm saying that these days were tasty and I don't regret eating them.  Still don't want to do it everyday.

On that note, the exhaust is nearly done.  Had a little setback when I ran out of wire, but I spooled back up and ended up knocking out everything except the connectors that link the sidepipes and the rest of the exhaust, and a couple of the hangers.  Reason for that was less due to time and more due to the fact that I realized where I was going to attach them would've been a bad idea.

Once I finish up with the exhaust tomorrow, I'll have every one of the vehicle's systems present and installed to some degree.  I could actually go nuts and start it up at that point, but I'm going to stay focused and get the cleanup work done.  By that I mean backtracking to take care of the remnants of work needing to be done that aren't strictly cosmetic; heater box, connecting interior harnesses, that kind of thing.  Just about all of those tasks are halfway done or more already.

I think I'm going to head to the deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment