Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Tightly wound? No, it's a balancing act.

And you're going to do a poor job trying to lasso a fish.  It's all because of scales.

See, I rented the flaring tool from the parts store.  Got a little bit of the same bad behavior I saw with the crappy tool I was using before when I didn't anneal the tubing, just not nearly as bad.  Once I recut, squared, and annealed the tubing, I got this on the first try:


Exactly what I was after and should expect to get.  Awesome!  That should've been all it took to alert me to my impending misfortune, but as I'm sure you can tell from the rest of this log, I'm not always a quick study.

Once I finished flaring the line, I went to grab the fuel hose I ordered around a month ago.  Back when it was delivered, I checked the box and confirmed it said it was 3/8" hose and figured it was good to go.  I'm sure you see where this is headed.  If not, then welcome!  You must be new here!

The return order has been submitted so I can send back the 5/16 hose that was in the 3/8 box.  In the meantime, I'm continuing to cut and flare my lines while pretending that I'm going to be linking all this mess together today and appreciating living a life of harmony and balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment