Thursday, January 11, 2018

No mas piranhas, indeed!

So the transmission cross member fitment issue turned out not to be an effect of how fast back the motor was seated.  What actually happened was a result of my mixing up which cross member was from the Gremlin, and which was from a Sportabout.  Whoops.

Luckily, it took less than 10 minutes of messing with stuff after getting the motor mounts cinched up to figure this out.  It probably took longer to scrape the ATF mud off the correct support, and it installed with no trouble.  Check it out;


The Gremlin's going back up on the lift next, at which point the rest of the transmission bolts will get fastened, along with the torque converter and inspection plate hardware.  The driveline gets put back in from there, and the engine bay will be populated shortly after. 

In a bit of good bad news, I found that the cooler lines I had ordered wouldn't fit my application, so had to cancel the order because it would take longer than my timetable have allowed for them to be delivered.  Shortly thereafter, I un-misplaced the original lines and discovered they were nowhere near as bad off as I remembered.  I'll actually be able to use them with a slight amount of work- far less than if I went with the original plan I'd had before placing the order in the first place.

If all this progress is making you feel uncomfortable, don't worry; it's strange to me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment