Sunday, January 7, 2018

Old transmission sits in the corner and sulks. The reason why may surprise you!

It's because I managed to do this after crushing my ring finger like a grape:


If the image doesn't make it clear, I got the engine and the rebuilt transmission together!  They were a little shy when I began introducing them, but friends can quickly be made when a bleeding and angry ape with a wrench in his good hand screams threats at you about what will happen if you don't act polite.

Now it's a matter of finishing my smoke, going back inside, bolting the cross member (back) on, and fastening it to the frame rails.  After that, I'm done for the day.  Mainly because next steps involve getting the Gremlin off the ramps and back up on the lift (after I reassemble it), and I just don't have the nerve left in me today for that mess. 

Once suspension resumes, I have to get the rest of the bell and torque converter bolts done, then it's time to start loading crap back into the engine bay.  This thing may actually end up looking like a car at some point, as opposed to the boat it's been for so long. Time will tell. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment