Friday, September 29, 2017

Well that took more time than expected

Just gonna gloss over the 6 day gap in updates here to say some stuff has actually been done.


This is more-or-less where we were at yesterday.  I was getting ready to put on the oil pan, though couldn't stop staring at the pump.  The voice of anemic protest that was trying to convince me that the pump was fine and never gave indication of problems before was eventually drowned out by the gnawing need in my gut to check it out and make sure.  I would be pretty pissed to do do all this work and have my oil pump shred itself apart within a matter of a few miles.



Gut wins again.  Feeler gauges verified no gear to wall clearance and the scoring of the cap from the gear faces is about 1/16" at its deepest.  So a run to the 24 hour parts store later and I have the replacement pump that's getting put in today. Not looking forward to pulling that pickup tube, but it's time to zip the engine up after that's done.  Mating the transmission to lower it all in one shot, tweaking a couple things for the rear leaf isopads, then it's off to the exhaust shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment