Thursday, September 21, 2017

Ain't no glassman gonna slow me down


I think I may have grown complacent in the wake of my victory over the coil springs.  The level of potential calamity associated with the removal of an engine just hadn't quite dawned on me until it was already underway last night.

Everything went as well as you could hope for someone pulling a motor for the first time (and doing it solo, to boot).  No damage to the engine, as far as I know.  No injuries.  No property damage.  Shit bolted right up to the stand, too!


I flipped it over and took a look to see if there was any kind of awfulness to be found from the stop leak, or any other indicators of bad times coming.  Everything looked good, minus the lower half of the rear main seal having been substituted with RTV at some point prior to my owning the vehicle.

I went ahead and scraped off the oil pan gasket and pulled out the RTV slug, so that's all ready.  Now it's time for gears, seals, and so on before tying these two together and dropping them back in together.


No comments:

Post a Comment