Saturday, September 30, 2017

Well, well. Someone finally got off their ass and did a thing.


I know it wasn't nearly a full rebuild, but damn, I feel like I might have actually accomplished something here. That's contingent on the thing running, of course, so I'm restraining my enthusiasm for now.  I am pleased with the calico of new paint, existing head paint, and the old AMC blue on the block that's become thoroughly oil and grime-impregnated, all picked out with various shades of crap metal silver.  There's little rhyme or reason behind what got paint and what didn't, though I'm going to be doing enough painting of the body that I didn't really feel like dicking around with any more on stuff that wasn't going to be seen (or stay looking good for more than a week).

Gonna tie the motor up to the hoist tomorrow and put manifold and headers on, since I think this engine stand has been about pushed to its limits and I prefer to stay on the good side of whatever mood it has.  I'd like to run the fuel and trans cooler lines before I drop all this mess in, as the space will be welcome, though I may just shelve everything for the moment so I can get the hood, fenders, and doors back on. If I can do that by the 1st, I'll be able to have the Gremlin take part as a background car in a movie.  More on that as the time comes, though.

One last piece of advice: don't drink or fool with anything labeled "shop water", and don't expect any further details regarding it beyond this.



No comments:

Post a Comment