Sunday, November 19, 2017

Don't waste your nutritional potential

I'm on the scene, reporting from deep below the Gremlin's crust.  Let's get a look at the underside of the driver's floor!


Hmm.  Got some double bubble trouble, a few porcupine quills, and a delicious slag frosting.  Not nearly as bad as I imagined it might be.  A wire brushing with the grinder cleaned up the better part of this, but I'll need to take some steel toothbrushes and acetone to it if I'm going to get any rust preventative to adhere worth a damn.

On the subject of paint, I forgot to include a tip for those who might be wondering about spray particulate sticking to the glass: steel wool.  It's not harder than glass, but it is harder than paint, so it'll peel any dust right off once it dries without causing any marring of the glass surface.  Doing that is faster than properly masking off all the glass, which I've already done a couple times before and would, quite frankly, prefer not to ever have to do again.

So now that I'm down here, I've got a little bit of work cut out for me.  The fuel lines, as mentioned before, getting the kickdown cable attached to the trans, the trans in place, and the trans cooler lines run.  I'm really not looking forward to the last part, but I'm sure I'll live.  I should probably get a bracket knocked together for the trans cooler, so I can have my lines run in a way that references it's actual (instead of planned) position.

I'm going to go ahead and get started on that mess, instead of sitting out here in the Eagle while I smoke to take shelter from the damned rain.  Hopefully I'll have a good update to share by the end of the evening here, assuming I don't run into any traps laid by the mole people who inhabit these depths.

No comments:

Post a Comment