Thursday, November 30, 2017

Belly scrub and tube screws

The welding barnacles have been ground off the Gremlin's nethers.  The same part of me that feels compelled to slide a fresh xacto blade into the center of my eye was screaming to try this:


Luckily, my awareness of the challenges facing any emergency response personnel unfortunate enough to get the eventual call to extract my maimed and pulpy mass from this temple honoring the sibling gods of hazard and stupidity won out.  Plus, it wouldn't really have been good for taking off weld nodules, no matter how good it would've excelled at taking off flesh.

The fuel lines are standing by for final fastening, so I went ahead and got my radiator brackets knocked together.  The die grinder was really handy for prepping the steel tube for welding, as well as taking off the slag afterwards (I opted to use the flux core wire, since there was no real need to waste gas on brackets).  Once I finished, I noticed I must've forgot to carry a two or something, as the new brackets are a bit deeper than the old one I used for reference.


Nothing a hammer won't take care of.  Gotta rest up for now, though.  Tomorrow's set to be quite a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment