Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Buckle up! It's not just a good idea. . .

It's the law.  I know I was supposed to be posting an update on what'd been going on with Eagle, but it's going to have to wait a moment.  I wanted to first make sure to let anyone who decides to try flux core wire welding on these unibodies know that they are taking a painfully long path.  I'm sure there are plenty of experienced welders that can do great work using that method, but we don't have any of those writing for this page.

I guess what I'm saying is: just suck it up and get a gas bottle.  To clarify: get a proper gas bottle, and not one of the 20ft baby bottles.  Sure, they're not cheap, and yeah, the logistics of getting them filled are challenging, but make it happen.  After you've spent days with your flux core burning up metal and grinding down mountain ranges, only to have to repeat the process, you'll see exactly what I mean.

When someone pretends they're not trying to take the cheap route, they'll often fall back on, "B-b-b-but, I have no way to transport it!  I don't have a truck or a van!", as though they have an endless supply of money, time, and materials.


I have none of the above.  Welcome aboard, bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment