Friday, December 22, 2017

Stop me if you've heard this one

I spent close to 5 hours driving around one of the country's 10 most expensive cities to live in trying to find 1/8" sheet steel.  No dice.  I've touched on the today lack of materials availability here, but it never ceases to amaze me when I run into it.

I finally gave up and got bar stock I saw yesterday, planning to butt weld the pieces together.  Turns out the bracket would fit on a single piece of that stock I could've picked up yesterday.

Knocked out the bracket, only to find new clearance issues.  Decided to check placement with the original bracket.  Discovered my modifications made the new bracket incompatible with the rear bracket.  Meaning I have to use the OE bracket, so I didn't need the steel after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment