Saturday, April 14, 2018

I'll pass on making a pop culture joke

And will instead say that the Concord is about ready to take off.  Yeah, the Concord AMX.  Remember that guy?


Here's the front, where it's looking like evil-twin Gremlin with an ass end.  I put an ad up on Craigslist a while ago and have had a couple bites, so I made sure to get around to getting her running again.  Here's the first start:


I think it's kind of funny that the AMX got it's first start before the Gremlin.  Ha. Haha.  Ehhhh. . . Ahem.

Nah, it's fine.  The 'cord got just enough love to run.  It'll need a little bit of sprucing up before it's ready to be a daily driver, but the Gremlin's getting all the real love.

Posting the ad has reminded me of how much fun Craigslist can be.  I'm amazed by what some people think they're going to get for an $800 asking price for a car that had a production run of about 2500 units.  I've seen others posted and sold that have been in faaaaar worse shape for well over two grand.

   "What condition is the interior in?"
    Who cares? It's $800.

   "Is it complete?"
    Yeah.  I'm looking for someone to take advantage of my stupidity.  Please buy my niche collector's vehicle that's all complete.  It's $800.

Don't get me wrong- it's totally valid to ask these questions.  In addition to others and as a curiosity. 

What's not cool is to only ask one of these questions, having so little care as to share your name or use punctuation, and making it clear that you're only interested in getting an Awesome Deal, with no desire to do any work on it or intention of acting as a curator of a small piece of history.  Then sealing the deal by opting out of acknowledging a polite response that confirms, "No, you ass.  It's not a mint, showroom condition, car show ready, 100 miles on the odo gift to you for being an amazing person."

I didn't really respond with that, but I should.

Regardless, I'm pleased.  I'm in regular communication with a couple of folks about it, with the guy who has first call on it talking about wanting to work on it with his brother and being ready to take it on as a fixer-upper.  The other guy is into Concords and is looking for a new project since his latest one is coming to a close.  If I can see it find a home like that, it'll be well worth it to me to let it go at this price.

No comments:

Post a Comment