Monday, October 23, 2017

These lines are for fueling my rage

Lot of money, time, and respect lost by myself and others lately.  You see, I'm still working on the new fuel lines for the Gremlin.  These damn things have threatened the well-being of this project, as well as my mental state (and I don't exactly have a lot of acreage to spare there).  I even made sure to pick up the "easy to bend" coated lines that Napa sells, specifically to help offset my arrogance in expecting the fumbling monkey paws at the ends of my arms to bend even the simplest of curves. 

It was pointless.


At least for the first eon.  Much as Odin attained clarity on the mystery of the runes by hanging himself from Yggdrasil, my hermetic suffering has yielded knowledge of how to bend nickel-copper tubing.  I'll let you decide which skill is more useful.


While I generally try to make sure I bring enough to share with the rest of the class, I don't really have much to offer here, except this:

  • Dicking around to find a better tool than the awful implement shown in my second picture is pointless.  Life is hell and we're all cursed to suffer reliance on this obscenity.
  • If you don't absolutely have to bend tubing, don't.
  • Many (arguably) better options exist for fuel delivery. 
  • Corn fuel has rendered all but the most absurdly expensive completely useless.
  • Bending lines is bullshit.
To close this out with a proof of my claims, I discovered while writing this that I overlooked something during my suffering.


I guess being gifted with occult knowledge still doesn't make up for being blind in one eye (or failing to pay a modicum of attention to what you're doing).  


No comments:

Post a Comment