Thursday, July 27, 2017

So Oily.

Alright, so the day's done (for me. It probably ended a couple hours ago for a lot of y'all).  Here's where I comfortably spent the last several hours:


Today saw the drive shaft removed, most of the transmission removal process done, and the Gremlin raised up, lowered, then raised up on the lift again after I noticed my battery ratchet was supporting the rear weight.  Works fine.

There was also some unscheduled cleaning of the garage, which leads me to one point I'd like to touch on: transmission fluid will, if given enough time to plan, escape any containment system that you or anyone else will ever dream up.  Every jug, waste oil container, rag, or carpet that you've put your faith in has no more control over it than you. They're just sad lies that will fail to avert catastrophe at some point or another.  And you'll be out of paper towels and rags when it happens, too.

My second point: when starting to perform an unfamiliar task, read through all the steps before you start.  Don't just follow them sequentially without prior familiarization.  That's how you break transmission cooler lines.  Luckily, you have tubing to bend replacements.

No comments:

Post a Comment